Weekly Wrap-up

🎫 Prof. Brian Cox Live

On Saturday I went to the AECC here in Aberdeen for Professor Brian Cox Live. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of the level of detail, or what the type of content would be, but I was pleasantly surprised. The photos and graphics displayed on the big screen on stage were phenomenal in their quality and detail, of galaxies and planets, and I left feeling like I'd learned a thing or two about the universe.


🎶 Paramore - After Laughter

It's been ten years (WHAT) since Paramore's single Misery Business brought them to the big time, at the peak of the emo pop punk scene. I've been a big fan of all their past albums, so I was excited when the Paramore Facebook page started teasing a new release. New single Hard Times was released a few weeks ago; it took two listens for me to be hooked. It's an ear-worm, once you hear it a couple of times it's there to stay. The album as a whole, however, isn't as catchy. I wouldn't expect to hear a repeat of the emo days, but I feel Paramore have moved much further towards an '80s, ballad sort of vibe that I can't quite get into. I wanted to love it, and I ended up just liking it.


💖 Fossil Emma Zip Wallet

Something I do LOVE, is my new purse from Fossil. My old purse was Fossil too, and it honestly still looks brand new. It got to the point where I told myself I'd just have to buy a new one for the sake of a change of style, because this one just wasn't going to give up! 
Along with the entire world at the moment, I'm really enjoying a dusty pink or a rose gold anything, so this metallic Emma Zip Wallet is spot on. Every time I look in my handbag I fall more and more in love. I can't find it online - but this is similar (and in the sale!)


🍫 Petite Boule

Yes, it's cheap chocolate from Lidl. No, it's not quite as good as a Lindt Lindor. But it's half the price!




Comments

Popular Posts