Tried & Tested Pale Concealers

Concealers for Pale Skin

Review | Wet/Dry Swatches | Comparison

The type of blog posts I find most useful when researching a new beauty product are swatches and comparisons, so today I thought I'd give back to the community and add my collection of concealers for very pale skin!

Pale Skin Concealers - Urban Decay Naked Skin, NARS Radiant Creamy, MAC Pro Longwear, Collection Lasting Perfection - The Heather Process

I live in Aberdeen - we don't get much sun. In MAC terms, I'm an NC15, and these concealers are all shades I either currently use or have used over the past year or so. 

Wet Concealer Swatches - Urban Decay Naked Skin Fair Neutral vs NARS Radiant Creamy Chantilly Vanilla vs MAC Pro Longwear NC15 NW15 vs Collection Lasting Perfection Fair 1 - The Heather Process
Wet Swatches
L - R: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer 'Fair Neutral', NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer 'Chantilly', MAC Pro Longwear Concealer 'NW15', MAC Pro Longwear Concealer 'NW15', NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer 'Vanilla', Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 'Fair 1'

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - Fair Neutral

I use the palest shade in the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer line-up on top of the MAC Pro Longwear under my eyes, just at the inner corner, to add a bit more coverage and to lighten the area further. HOWEVER, the photo below has shown how much it oxidises! It goes a lot more orange than I realised, and explains why sometimes I look in the mirror at the end of the day and wonder why under my eyes looks so sallow. Time to retire this one I think, which is a shame because it's not nearly as drying as the NARS concealers.


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Chantilly and Vanilla

I'd been using the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in shade 2 - Vanilla for a while now, but recently purchased Chantilly. Vanilla is very pink-toned, too pink for me, and Chantilly is paler and more yellow-toned which suits my skin better. This concealer doesn't work for me under the eyes, it's much too drying and left me thinking for a while that I'd aged drastically and developed a whole load of fine lines very quickly! For the rest of the face, these concealers are hands-down the best. Lasts all day, great satin finish and great coverage.


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - NW15 and NC15

The original and best - you can't go wrong with MAC Pro Longwear, although the pump packaging can be problematic. I use NW15 (cool-toned), under my eyes every day, and the formula is great for not creasing or caking. NC15 (warm-toned) is a better match for the rest of my face. The coverage is lighter, so an option for a good skin day or if you want a more natural skin-like look.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair 1

By far the most affordable option on this list, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is under a fiver! A not bad dupe for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but without the shade range, Fair 1 is definitely darker than the others here. I took this concealer on holiday to Thailand with me in February and it was a good match then. Similarly to the NARS concealer, it's a bit drying under the eyes.

Dry Oxidized Swatches - Urban Decay Naked Skin Fair Neutral vs NARS Radiant Creamy Chantilly Vanilla vs MAC Pro Longwear NC15 NW15 vs Collection Lasting Perfection Fair 1 - The Heather Process
Dry/Oxidised Swatches
L - R: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer 'Fair Neutral', NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer 'Chantilly', MAC Pro Longwear Concealer 'NW15', MAC Pro Longwear Concealer 'NW15', NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer 'Vanilla', Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 'Fair 1'

I made a GIF! 😀 Much easier to see the (surprisingly drastic!) changes between wet and dry.

Wet Dry Concealer Swatches - Urban Decay Naked Skin Fair Neutral vs NARS Radiant Creamy Chantilly Vanilla vs MAC Pro Longwear NC15 NW15 vs Collection Lasting Perfection Fair 1 - The Heather Process

Any replacement suggestions for the Urban Decay concealer welcome - I'd like to try Tarte Shape Tape but it's not so easy to get a hold of in the UK!

Let me know if posts like this are helpful in your search for your holy grail concealer 💖 happy to do other comparison posts from my beauty stash!


Comments

  1. Hello! Amazing work and I'd love to see your shade in Tarte Shape Tape too, because I'm also having trouble shade matching.

    Just letting you know you have both swatches of the MAC Prolonger concealer listed as NW15. Could one of them be NC15 instead?

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've counted MAC in NW15 twice under both pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts