NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Message In A Bottle

Deborah Lippmann Spring 2017 - Message In A Bottle 

Review and Swatches

This week's nail polish of choice is the title shade from Deborah Lippman's Spring 2017 Message In A Bottle collection. 

Deborah Lippmann Message In A Bottle

The finish is a really unique soft, subtle holographic shimmer. It's definitely one of my favourites at the moment, great for the Spring transition between wintery colours and Color Club-strength summer holographics! Ideal for the office too, it's an excitingly subtle shade. I find myself looking at my nails a lot in different lighting, to catch the shift of multi-colours in direct light, or to appreciate the pale lilac/mauve base colour in more diffused lighting.

I love the Deborah Lippmann bottles - the square shape feels heavy and high quality. The brush is wide and easy to use. I used three coats as the polish is quite sheer.

Deborah Lippmann Message In A Bottle Swatch
DL Message In A Bottle - Three Coats with Top Coat

This is a 'Gel Lab Pro' polish, billed as 'the new healthy alternative to gel polish' on the website. It's a normal nail polish but promises to deliver 'health, wear and shine'. I can't attest to health, but with a coat of Seche Vite top coat the shine is great, and wear-time is excellent too. I find with paler polishes any tip-wear (from typing on keyboards) isn't so noticeable, so I can get away with a few more days before my nail polish starts to look worn.

I would add comparison swatches, but I honestly have nothing like Message In A Bottle in my collection! Definitely worth checking out, if only for the gorgeous subtle holo finish. Dirty Little Secret from last year's Spring collection looks to have the same finish, but a neutral beige base colour. It's going in my basket right now.

Find Deborah Lippmann in the UK at FeelUnique, LookFantastic or Nail Polish Direct.


Comments

Popular Posts