MACxFleurDeForce: Review, Swatches and Comparisons

Welcome to my first post!

It seems fitting to start my blogging journey with something from one of my favourite bloggers/YouTubers, Fleur De Force. I've been following Fleur for a while now, and I love her no-nonsense approach and lightning-quick 'New-in Beauty' videos. I often watch her videos and think 'I have to have that!' or, 'I already own that!', so when she announced this collaboration with MAC I found myself at work last Monday, refreshing the MAC homepage on my phone, waiting for the launch of her cremesheen limited edition lipstick.

MACxFleurDeForce Cremesheen Lipstick
MACxFleurDeForce Cremesheen Lipstick
This is part of a series of limited edition lipsticks MAC are producing in collaboration with regional 'Influencers' - the other UK release is MACxAlessandra, with Alessandra Steinherr, Beauty Director for Glamour UK.

Fleur's lipstick is described on the MAC website as a 'cool beige shade'. I agree with 'beige', but not 'cool' - the colour is definitely one of the peachier tones in my collection of natural/nude lipsticks. I love how it's not too dark; I find a lot of lipsticks turn quite deep on my skin tone and then I feel I can't wear them during the day or at work.

MACxFleurDeForce Lip Swatch

The finish is healthy and shiny, as expected for a MAC cremesheen. It's a natural finish, as the pigmentation isn't too heavy. Lasting power is limited - it didn't make it through lunch!

MACxFleurDeForce Comparison Swatches Natural Light
MACxFleurDeForce Comparison Swatches - Natural Light

L-R: NYX SMLC Stockholm, Colorpop Echo Park, NARS Rosecliff, Lancome L'Absolu Rouge 250 Beige Mirage, MAC Viva Glam II, MAC Fleur De Force, MAC Modesty, Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk, MAC Velvet Teddy, NARS Barbara

MACxFleurDeForce Comparison Swatches Artificial Light
MACxFleurDeForce Comparison Swatches - Artificial Light
As you can see I definitely don't have any dupes for this one. I saw on Instagram someone had been given advice on the MAC website live chat to try Modesty for 'a similar look' - I disagree!

Overall, I'm glad I took the plunge and ordered blind. From Fleur's posts and videos I was expecting the lipstick to be a bit less peachy, but as you can see I already own plenty of cooler nudes, so it's good to add a lovely beige colour to the unnecessarily ever-growing collection.

Fleur's MAC page can be found here, but if you weren't ready and waiting on launch day I think you'll be unlikely to get a hold of one now unfortunately. Follow Fleur on Twitter for updates!

Comments

Popular Posts